Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if this has been asked before. My partner is australia, born here. Both parents an both grandparents were born in UK. I understand he is eligible for UK passport though his parents. Question we have is he also eligible for ancestral visa?
We want the ancestral option because its quicker and easier for his t ad me to his visa than waiting for him the passport then apply for spouse visa. Btw I hold a different passport to him.
Will appreciate any help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am sorry if this has been asked before. My partner is australia, born here. Both parents an both grandparents were born in UK. I understand he is eligible for UK passport though his parents. Question we have is he also eligible for ancestral visa?
We want the ancestral option because its quicker and easier for his t ad me to his visa than waiting for him the passport then apply for spouse visa. Btw I hold a different passport to him.
Will appreciate any help.
I beg your pardon, is this regarding UK ancestry visa. That allows for the working rights in UK for commonwealth folks. I guess that's not applicable for Australia.
Use the following link to see the visas that are applicable for you to enter Australia because its Australian Forum

Find a visa

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry uf i wasn't clear ir if i posted in wrong thread. He is looking to apply for UK ancestral visa. Looked at the UK immigration site and it states if at least one grand parent is born in Uk he is eligible for ancestral visa. I just wanted to make sure he is still eligible for ancestral visa as well because his parents were born in UK too but he doesn't want to apply for UK passport at this stage. Rang an agent contact 1 i think it was and they only say he can apply for uk passport but didn't clarify if he has an option of applying for both. Will appreciate any help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts