Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have submitted EOI for visa 189 on 23rd Aug 2013.Still waiting for invite.I am assessed as Analyst programmer .But i will be loosing 5 points of age in month og december as i am reaching 32 years age.Now i have 60 points without including 5 points of SS.As SS is suspended for analyst programmer ,can you please advise what are the options i have to apply visa ?I have ielts 6 each and I live in Sydney.
Thanks alot for your advise

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi All,
I have submitted EOI for visa 189 on 23rd Aug 2013.Still waiting for invite.I am assessed as Analyst programmer .But i will be loosing 5 points of age in month og december as i am reaching 32 years age.Now i have 60 points without including 5 points of SS.As SS is suspended for analyst programmer ,can you please advise what are the options i have to apply visa ?I have ielts 6 each and I live in Sydney.
Thanks alot for your advise
hi friend,

first, relax. you won't loose your points when you age turns 32 but 33. I mean when your 33rd age starts, you will loose points for age factor. In other words, your 5 points for age will not be diminished until you are 32 years, 11 months and 29 days old.

On december, 2014, 5 points will be reduced under age. Now, you have 2 options to choose from. First one is that waiting till the state nomination opens for your occupation. Secondly, you can sit for IELTS and score 7 bands in each section to yield 10 more points under english making your overall points 65 with which you no longer need to rely on any state and can apply under 189 visa. With this, you can roam across aussie for finding high paying jobs which i would like to suggest for your case. See, securing 7 bands in ILETS although is difficult, it is possible with your hard work and dedication.

There are so many successful stories like you who struggled at initial stage but scored their dream scores at the end of the day.

all the best,
sathiya

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSW ss open

Dear Sathiya,
Thank you so much for your expert advise on age part.I am really relaxed now.
Other point,actually i have acquired 60 point without including 5 points of SS and hsve already submitted eoi with 60 points for visa 189 in Monthof August (23rd).
If SS opens then i can acquire 5 more points.
So now my question is what are the chances to get invite with 60 points on Analyst programmer?
And other question is,when can i expect NSW SS will open?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi friend,

first, relax. you won't loose your points when you age turns 32 but 33. I mean when your 33rd age starts, you will loose points for age factor. In other words, your 5 points for age will not be diminished until you are 32 years, 11 months and 29 days old.

On december, 2014, 5 points will be reduced under age. Now, you have 2 options to choose from. First one is that waiting till the state nomination opens for your occupation. Secondly, you can sit for IELTS and score 7 bands in each section to yield 10 more points under english making your overall points 65 with which you no longer need to rely on any state and can apply under 189 visa. With this, you can roam across aussie for finding high paying jobs which i would like to suggest for your case. See, securing 7 bands in ILETS although is difficult, it is possible with your hard work and dedication.

There are so many successful stories like you who struggled at initial stage but scored their dream scores at the end of the day.

all the best,
sathiya
Dear Sathiya,
Other point,actually i have acquired 60 point without including 5 points of SS and hsve already submitted eoi with 60 points for visa 189 in Monthof August (23rd).
So now my question is what are the chances to get invite with 60 points on Analyst programmer?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dear Sathiya,

Many thanks,
Hello friend,

I am glad that my answer made you relaxed. See, for your first question, i could say that your occupation, i think, is in the list of 6 occupations that follow stringent rules to select candidates. In last round that was held on 16 September, 2013, 65 pointers have been invited for your occupation. However, with 60 points, you need to wait for few more months at least to get invited. The competition seems to be high for your occupation. Hence, it is very intricate to prognosticate your chances of invitation.

However, i think, that in later months of program year, perhaps, in December, January, or February, you may expect an invite but don't lose your hope.

All the best,

Sathiya

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot Sathiya.
Do we have any update on NSW SS? When they are going to remove suspended status for analyst programmer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts