Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AN form & Naturalization

939 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Gregarious 
#1 ·
Dear Friends and Joppa

I am going to apply for naturalization. Need your help and confirm

Eligibility criteria: 2 years spousal visa applied before July 2012. I have been here around 3 years though.
Got my Spouse Visa : 12 June 2012 and reached here in UK on 15 June 2012
Applied for ILR : 11 Sep 2014
Got ILR along with BRP : 22 December 2014 and expiry 22 December 2024

I am using form AN , I am going to apply after 3 years? Please confirm

Tell me about referees please ?

#2 ·
Provided your initial entry stamp in your passport reads 15 June 2012 or earlier, you are free to apply for citizenship (using Form AN) on or after 14 June 2015... see Page 5 of the Booklet to see how the residency requirement timings are calculated... you must ensure that you have not been out of the UK for longer than is allowed or else your application will be refused (you must state each and every trip out of the UK you've taken and the duration of each trip).

In regards to referees, please read page 12 of the Guidance for information on what the Home Office requires in regards to Referees.

#3 ·
You must have been in UK exactly 3 years before your application date, so you can apply from 14th June 2015 (leave it a few days, but make sure you were actually in UK exactly 3 years before, and not on holiday abroad, for example. Check your passport stamps.
What do you want to know about referees? You need to have two, with slightly different qualifications, as explained in guidance.

#5 ·
You're fine as far as being out of the UK is concerned.

As for the processing time, it can take up to 6 months for a decision to be made... all applications are done by post and there is no priority service available.

Good luck to you! :)

Reactions: Gregarious
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.