Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.

My friend is looking to use an agent for her visa application (spouse visa). I told her to ask the to quote for:

1, Agent doing whole process from start to finish

2. My friend compiling all the info, filling out the forms. Then use the agent to check over the forms etc to make sure all is OK and for the agent to submit.

Apparently the agent said they can't do 2. because they would be liable if the client gave false information. Surely the client is the one who signs to say the information given is correct, negating any comeback on the agent if false information was given?

Sounds like a whole load of BS to me.....or are they telling the truth?

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i was just discussing wit someone, she got a quote from an agent just to check the forms. basically consultative service
consultative means she will do all the legwork, complete forms & submit on her own..but agent will answer all queries and tell her wat to do

probably the agent knows he wont make much going this route and is pushing for the full services route

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought...plus they want $AUS4,800....seems extremely steep to me....or is that about right??????

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
doesnt sound right to me :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have paid around 1000 AUD (equivalent in INR) here in India for my 175 application which includes visa applications for my spouse and my daughter. The agent guided me with all the documents necessary and helped me with all the e-filing of the ACS evaluation, 175 application. They also acted as my representative responding to any queries from the ACS or DIAC.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought...plus they want $AUS4,800....seems extremely steep to me....or is that about right??????

Dolly
Hi Dolly,

I applied for a Spousal Visa last year, and it cost me AUD 3000 for the agent's services, in which the agent;

1) Assist in the preparation on the documents i needed to furnish ( Filling the form, Stat. Decs, wedding pics and certificates, etc...)
2) Advice on what are the items needed by DIAC
3) Advice on how to get Police Clearance
4) Advice on when to do Medical

The agent checked that the forms which are needed to be filled are done, and that there are no conflicting information. The agent would submit the Application on behalf of the Client.

This was my second application, and it was successful.

My first application in 2009 i signed up with a Immigration Lawyer, i paid in Singapore Dollars 4800 for agent fees with promises that it would get my PR (back then i applied for a 176) in 2010. 2010 came, no PR, and agent told me he has retired from being an Agent. Money down the drain.

My advice would be for your friend to shop around with other agents, preferbly with those who are registered and are doing it full time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.