Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read quite a lot on UK immigration and am aware it's a very specific process. I am basically looking for feedback here, wondering if my husband and I are wasting time even considering finding a sponsored job. He works in a SaaS start up as a director of ops; I am a media/advertising content editor. I am allowed to work remote and take my job with me, so it is far more likely it would be him seeking a shift. However, looking at the list of "needs" based jobs, we don't see anything that explicitly fits.

However, is that a tried and true list? How difficult is it for a company to want a foreign applicant and actually get approved to sponsor a visa? Should we/he be applying to jobs just to see if we get any noteworthy bites or is the pool just way too deep to be that simple about it?

Any feedback/advice is extremely appreciated - thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
If your job isn't on the shortage occupation list and you'll find it extremely difficult as employers must do a resident labour market test to prove there is no one who can do the job who doesn't need a visa.

Additionally, when applying for jobs one of the 1st things they will want to know is whether you need to be sponsoredfir a visa. Unless he has some very unique skill set/experience it's extremely difficult to find sponsorship.

If he worked for an international company there would be the possibility for an inter company transfer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.