Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Are there any Americans in Charente around Montmoreau?
I see some English ppl at the markets sometimes, not so rare actually, usually older folks or couples with families.

As for Americans , I only saw one in Bordeaux and a Canadian in Pessac.

I would like to know if there are anyavtivity or sports groups of Americans in Monmoreau,or Angouleme Charente, so that I do not go nus from boredom while I transition into my new life.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
50,466 Posts
As you may have noticed, I've moved your post out into its own thread to see if we can attract a little more attention.

From my experience, most of the American groups seem to be based in and around Paris. Further out in the countryside, the Americans seem to be trying primarily to blend into their surroundings. There's an American expat group near the Cote d'Azur, but my impression is that it's mostly retirees.

Maybe we can scare up some folks in your area for you.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
107 Posts
You may want to look into Charente-Maritime groups. I believe a few of them live in La Rochelle, or even Saintes (which is a tad closer to Angouleme). I am not sure you would want to drive though.
Have you tried googling?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may want to look into Charente-Maritime groups. I believe a few of them live in La Rochelle, or even Saintes (which is a tad closer to Angouleme). I am not sure you would want to drive though.
Have you tried googling?
Hi,
Thank you for your post. Yes actually I did and, I found nothing, rien nada :)
I am in the country side, Angouleme is close to me, but I was hoping to find people like in Chalais or somewhere in the country side.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hello,

Are there any Americans in Charente around Montmoreau?
I see some English ppl at the markets sometimes, not so rare actually, usually older folks or couples with families.

As for Americans , I only saw one in Bordeaux and a Canadian in Pessac.

I would like to know if there are anyavtivity or sports groups of Americans in Monmoreau,or Angouleme Charente, so that I do not go nus from boredom while I transition into my new life.

Thank you!
Hello, White Lillac,

Just as a suggestion, you may want to consider non-Americans to increase your chances of making friends. Many non-Americans, such as most Dutch and quite a few Germans speak English and may prove to be quite lovely people, once you get to know them. Heck, Frogblogger is a non-American and he seems like a nice guy. :)

The population in our town is roughly 10,000 and I'm one of the few Americans here, so if I were looking to make friends with Americans here, I'd have a problem. They do have an Association of Europeans in our town that has a fair number of Germans. Perhaps they have a similar association in your town? Check their website.

Just because you run into an American is no guaranty you'll have much in common. I once encountered some American tourist snobs in our town that made me feel fortunate they weren't living here. :censored:

Good Luck - Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.