Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've read a good amount on the CIC website and on this forum, but I'm still confused, so I'm hoping someone clarify. I'm a 27 year old American, have a Bachelors degree from an American university and I currently work in marketing (4+ years experience). After having visited a few times I'm interested in moving to Toronto. I was under the impression that thru NAFTA it was easy for me to be hired in Canada, but it's looking like that's not the case.

I've seen from the Express Entry video shared on this forum that the process can take up to 6 months, but one of the things that gets you Express Entry points is a job offer. I doubt there's any employer that will wait 6 months for a candidate to be able to start work, so I must be missing something here.

Can someone please explain the process? If I'm wanting to move to Toronto, would an employer have to jump through tons of hoops to hire me over a Canadian? And is there some other way I'd initially come into Canada before applying for Express Entry if I wanted to reside permanently?

Please advise--thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.