Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if any American veterans living in the Philippines has the Phil Health care? I am a veteran but I can't get VA health care there because I am not service connected. So, I am wondering how good the Phil health insurance is there? Anybody know? I know it is cheap to get but how much does it pay for doctors care?

thanks

Concerned veteran on health care.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I am wondering if any American veterans living in the Philippines has the Phil Health care? I am a veteran but I can't get VA health care there because I am not service connected. So, I am wondering how good the Phil health insurance is there? Anybody know? I know it is cheap to get but how much does it pay for doctors care?

thanks

Concerned veteran on health care.
You can join and use Philhealth insurance. It makes no difference if you are a veteran or not. Here is the Philhealth Page to explore. Most coverage must be if you in a hospital for 24 hours or longer. Some same-day surgeries are covered.

It does not pay a huge amount and usually you pay and are reimbursed by Philhealth. Check into Tri-Care Insurance as it is usable here also.

My wife works full time and I am on her Philhealth. It costs here about P100 ($2.00us) per month and her employer pays a share higher than that.
When you arrive, be sure to visit or contact the VFW Post in Angeles City and they will have much more info than I can provide.

Jet Lag

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Philhealth is more a discount scheme than an insurance. The amount of discount is variable and I have had it describe as a pot that will run out if over used in any one year. I don't know how true but if so could be problematic is shared by a family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.