Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, hello! I currently live and work in Florida as a public-school teacher on the secondary level. I want a change and want to live overseas once again. I lived nearly two years in Cairo some years ago. What is the best route to secure employment with an international school in Dubai? I am registered with a service that has a few job fairs per year and plan to attend one of them in February. But, I am not a woman to wait around for anything. If you can suggest some steps I might take, a big, fat "thank you!"
Janet

·
Administrator
50,801 Posts
I've moved you over here to the Dubai forum, where you should be able to find out more information from those already "over there."
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Google American schools in Dubai. Contact them directly. I would think having previous experience in an Arab country would help you stand out from the competition.

The top two American schools are American School of Dubai and Dubai American Academy, plus there are a few more relatively newer ones. As there's an established expat presence in Dubai (90% of the population) most of the international schools tend to hire teachers experienced in the school's relevant home country curriculum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

Google American schools in Dubai. Contact them directly. I would think having previous experience in an Arab country would help you stand out from the competition.

The top two American schools are American School of Dubai and Dubai American Academy, plus there are a few more relatively newer ones. As there's an established expat presence in Dubai (90% of the population) most of the international schools tend to hire teachers experienced in the school's relevant home country curriculum.
Thank you. I will look up both of the schools you mentioned. My older son attended Cairo American College when we lived in Cairo some time ago. Very well-run school. I want to work overseas and have an adventure doing so. Again, thank you for your advice.
Janet

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2 cents here....I really hope you are considering this move for the bucks and not for the educational or altruistic reasons because you ain't finding those 2 here in Dubai....:laser:

·
Registered
3 Posts
As the debate over the state of America's public school system rages on, one thing everyone agrees on is the need for great teachers. Yet, while research proves that teachers are the most important school factor in a child's future success, America's teachers are so woefully underpaid that almost two thirds must divide their time between a second job in order to make a living.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
As the debate over the state of America's public school system rages on, one thing everyone agrees on is the need for great teachers. Yet, while research proves that teachers are the most important school factor in a child's future success, America's teachers are so woefully underpaid that almost two thirds must divide their time between a second job in order to make a living.
Thank You Nader111 for the Public Service Announcement, now back to regularly scheduled programming ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts