Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm a 31 year old American living temporarily and intermittently in Perpignan. My French is basic, and though it is improving slowly, I've found it difficult to establish friendships here. I'd love to meet up for coffee, lunch, a drink, etc, with any English speaking expats in the area.

If anyone is interested, please respond!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
We (wife and I) go to Perpignan for major shopping every 2 weeks or so. Next time we go I'll post here and see if we can meet. Where are you in Perpy? We sometimes have lunch in a resto in la Place de la République - do you know it?

DejW

PS - do few more posts and you can use the private message facility here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DejW,

Thanks for replying! Please do let me know when you're coming through Perpignan next - I'd love to meet up. I've never been to la Place de la République but I'm sure I can find it and I'm always eager to try new restaurants!

I'm located just to the northeast of the city, very close to the park that runs alongside Bd Jean Bourrat.

- N

·
Administrator
53,162 Posts
While you're waiting for Dej to do his shopping, you may want to look into the AVF in Perpignan avfperpignan - AVF Perpignan

They are probably just getting started for this year - usually the permanences don't start until mid-September, but if there is a forum des associations or some other fair for the local associations to strut their stuff and find new members, they'll probably be there.

It's a nice way to find English speakers (both native and foreign) in the area - and honestly, taking part in AVF English language activities is one of the best ways to get to know French people with an interest in practicing their English, who are usually more than happy to help you with your French.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.