Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is a UK citizen living in the USA and working on a green card for the past six years. I am an American citizen. We would like to move to the UK. She owns a house and is currently renting it out with a value of 150,000 pounds. We could move in with relatives if we had to or move back into the house she is currently renting out. We have no children. The question is: Can I as an American citizen move back with her and work on a visa? and How difficult is it to obtain a Visa? Does the value of her house help with getting the visa? We do not currently have jobs lined up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My wife is a UK citizen living in the USA and working on a green card for the past six years. I am an American citizen. We would like to move to the UK. She owns a house and is currently renting it out with a value of 150,000 pounds. We could move in with relatives if we had to or move back into the house she is currently renting out. We have no children. The question is: Can I as an American citizen move back with her and work on a visa? and How difficult is it to obtain a Visa? Does the value of her house help with getting the visa? We do not currently have jobs lined up.
As the UK citizen, your wife has to meet the financial requirement of having earned the equivalent of 18,600GBP/year in the US for at least a year, and have a job earning at least that much lined up to start within 3 months of arriving in the UK. If that isn't possible, she would have to return to the UK, find a job earning at least that much and work for at least 6 months prior to you applying for a spouse visa. In addition, your application would also have to meet the relationship and accommodation requirements. Your current or potential income isn't counted. If you used the savings option, the account can be in either or both of your names and you have to maintain a balance for at least 6 months prior to applying. Meeting the financial requirement is explained more here in Annex FM 1.7: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility.

Reading posts here and asking questions is the best way to find the answers you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.