Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all - been a while and couldn't be where I am without all the help I've had from everyone here

I currently have a UK Residence Permit and am visiting Canada with my British husband who is here on business for 2+ months and I'm worried if I go back and forth to Canada I might get trouble from the Canadian border. I have my passport stamped from the Canadian border from the UK from about a month ago so hopefully that should be fine to go back and forth from the US to CA- I just don't want to be stuck in the states unable to get back to Montreal CA for some reason. I also have a return ticket to Britain from Montreal for December so that should be fine for the Canadian border as well?

I'm just hesitant to go to the states right now for fear of border troubles >.< Just need reassurance more than anything.

Cheers and thanks! (and Merci)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
Hi there all - been a while and couldn't be where I am without all the help I've had from everyone here

I currently have a UK Residence Permit and am visiting Canada with my British husband who is here on business for 2+ months and I'm worried if I go back and forth to Canada I might get trouble from the Canadian border. I have my passport stamped from the Canadian border from the UK from about a month ago so hopefully that should be fine to go back and forth from the US to CA- I just don't want to be stuck in the states unable to get back to Montreal CA for some reason. I also have a return ticket to Britain from Montreal for December so that should be fine for the Canadian border as well?

I'm just hesitant to go to the states right now for fear of border troubles >.< Just need reassurance more than anything.

Cheers and thanks! (and Merci)
It all depends on the immigration officer and their mood on that particular day. I am a naturalized US citizen myself, hold a NEXUS card, work permit in Canada and an elapsed RC in UK.

I travel weekly and frequently between countries, and last week (Wednesday) in Toronto, an immigration officer didn't appreciate my ins-and-outs. After wasting 3 hours of my scarce time and losing my connecting flight, a supervisor kindly ask me ( and my employer) to limit my border crossing agenda.

However, I went to Chicago on Sunday and returned a few hours ago via Edmonton, and the immigration officers were "excited" to see me for the million time.

Animo
(Cheers)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.