Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all - been a while and couldn't be where I am without all the help I've had from everyone here :D

I currently have a UK Residence Permit and am visiting Canada with my British husband who is here on business for 2+ months and I'm worried if I go back and forth to Canada I might get trouble from the Canadian border. I have my passport stamped from the Canadian border from the UK from about a month ago so hopefully that should be fine to go back and forth from the US to CA- I just don't want to be stuck in the states unable to get back to Montreal CA for some reason. I also have a return ticket to Britain from Montreal for December so that should be fine for the Canadian border as well?

I'm just hesitant to go to the states right now for fear of border troubles >.< Just need reassurance more than anything.

Cheers and thanks! (and Merci)

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Salut! Hello!

I think that you would be better off cross posting this on the Canada Branch, as the expats there would have a better idea as to where you stand in regards to Canadian Border Services/Homeland Security... given that Canadians and Americans are pretty much free to cross each other's border without any sort of visa you should be free to continue on as if you have been still resident in the USA (i.e. standard visit limits apply)... again, I can't say with authority that you're free and clear (I should think that the UK visa would be proof to Canada Customs that you don't have any intention to stay in Canada) and would still suggest that you cross post over on the Canada branch.

Bonne chance et bienvenue au Canada! Good luck and welcome to Canada!!

Kate
aka Westcoastcanadiangirl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.