Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm an American expat living in Bourges with my French wife. We moved here in January because of her job and don't know anyone yet. I'm a photographer/videographer and am searching for work/projects here as it's a little more expensive and we only have her salary right now. I have a bachelor's degree in English and have a video/film/photography/writing background.
We're also just looking for friends...it's hard to meet people but figured Bourges being a bigger city there may be some nice folks around. Drop me a line if you're in the area, and perhaps we can also provide advice or encouragement to other Franco American couples.
Take care.

Lucas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Did you get used already to this place?
I will moved out here in few weeks but scared that won't like...
I don't have any friends here either, apart for my french boyfriend. I am originally from Poland but last 5 years I spent in Ireland where I really felt good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bourges is a nice town. Check out the office de tourisme for information about things to do and ways to meet people. If you don't know anyone it may be hard to make friends, but if you're active and get out you'll be fine. There's tons to see and do around here so you won't get bored. Personally, it's not warm enough for me here. I need hot weather!
My wife and I are moving to the US in July so I'll no longer be an expat here in France.
I wish you and everyone the best living as expats.

Hi,

Did you get used already to this place?
I will moved out here in few weeks but scared that won't like...
I don't have any friends here either, apart for my french boyfriend. I am originally from Poland but last 5 years I spent in Ireland where I really felt good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.