Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am an American citizen, married to my British Husband. I am currently finishing graduate school and planning on moving to the UK in JUNE of 2012. My husband and I will be applying for my spousal visa at the end of March. However, I miss him a lot and want to go visit him before I turn my passport and all over for the application of the spousal visa.

My question here is, would it be okay for me to go to London at the beginning of march for a quick weekend visit. Will I get in trouble if I tell the border control that I am here to visit my husband. I will have a return ticket and I def. am returning as I have to for school and work. I just dont' want to take the chance to visit him if I am going to get in trouble or be denied entry based on my husband living in the UK.

I don't plan on lying or being dishonest in anyway in regards to the officials about my entry to the UK. I am literally there for just the weekend in MARCH, but will be applying at the END of March for the spousal part.

What are your suggestions? Should i even bother or will they give me a hard time?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am an American citizen, married to my British Husband. I am currently finishing graduate school and planning on moving to the UK in JUNE of 2012. My husband and I will be applying for my spousal visa at the end of March. However, I miss him a lot and want to go visit him before I turn my passport and all over for the application of the spousal visa.

My question here is, would it be okay for me to go to London at the beginning of march for a quick weekend visit. Will I get in trouble if I tell the border control that I am here to visit my husband. I will have a return ticket and I def. am returning as I have to for school and work. I just dont' want to take the chance to visit him if I am going to get in trouble or be denied entry based on my husband living in the UK.

I don't plan on lying or being dishonest in anyway in regards to the officials about my entry to the UK. I am literally there for just the weekend in MARCH, but will be applying at the END of March for the spousal part.

What are your suggestions? Should i even bother or will they give me a hard time?
It shouldn't be a problem provided you go about in the right way:
1. Get a roundtrip ticket with fixed return date. Carry your e-booking confirmation.
2. Get a letter from your uni/college stating you are on one of their courses and need to return to continue your studies (this is most important)
3. Carry your recent bank statement showing adequate funds, or a letter from your husband stating he is willing to look after you during your stay.

If you are asked further questions at the border, state clearly that this is just a short visit, and you will be making a settlement visa application in US with a possible travel date in June.

That's all. You are unlikely to get a hard time if you carry the required documents and tell the truth. Make sure you are neatly dressed, friendly and polite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.