Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm,

having decided that Amena 4G at home was the way to go for Internet for my new home in El Faro, I tried to order it so the wif-fi router and sim card would be waiting for me at my local post office when I arrive next week.

To order the Amena wi-fi router and sim card you are given the choice of telephoning a freephone number, but that does not work outside of Spain, or via their website.

Unfortunately, one of the required pieces of information they need on the webform before you can continue to the next page is a Spanish mobile phone number, as they wish to contact via sms. The box on the webform would not allow me to enter a UK mobile phone number.

So it looks like I have to get a local pay-as-you-go sim on arrival, then use the phone to order the service (as I still will not have internet access).

Not so straightforward as I thought... :(

Wibs

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hmm,

having decided that Amena 4G at home was the way to go for Internet for my new home in El Faro, I tried to order it so the wif-fi router and sim card would be waiting for me at my local post office when I arrive next week.

To order the Amena wi-fi router and sim card you are given the choice of telephoning a freephone number, but that does not work outside of Spain, or via their website.

Unfortunately, one of the required pieces of information they need on the webform before you can continue to the next page is a Spanish mobile phone number, as they wish to contact via sms. The box on the webform would not allow me to enter a UK mobile phone number.

So it looks like I have to get a local pay-as-you-go sim on arrival, then use the phone to order the service (as I still will not have internet access)

Not so straightforward as I thought... :(

Wibs
Er - welcome to Spain!:D

You are certain to encounter many more irritating things over the next weeks, months and even years, but don't let them get you down, there are compensations.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts