Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I actually posted the same question in another thread however since there was no reply, i figured i would open a new thread. Hope someone around can help me out with the mundane query.

I plan on applying for EA.

Let me throw a little bit of my messed up history.

I completed my Bachelors in engineering in 2010 (India) and further went on to finish my masters in electrical engineering emphasising radio communications from Sweden, graduating in 2013. Due to personal reasons, I had to come back to India. And ever since I had been working in odd jobs such as customer support representative, hardware engineer and currently running a business.

Now how can I tackle this situation and apply for EA.

What should I put my career episodes as ? Can I put my masters academic project. Right now I am literally in a very bad state.

I took my IELTS and scored overall band 7, I am yet to take PTE.

Anybody valuable insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Dinesh

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello everyone,

I actually posted the same question in another thread however since there was no reply, i figured i would open a new thread. Hope someone around can help me out with the mundane query.

I plan on applying for EA.

Let me throw a little bit of my messed up history.

I completed my Bachelors in engineering in 2010 (India) and further went on to finish my masters in electrical engineering emphasising radio communications from Sweden, graduating in 2013. Due to personal reasons, I had to come back to India. And ever since I had been working in odd jobs such as customer support representative, hardware engineer and currently running a business.

Now how can I tackle this situation and apply for EA.

What should I put my career episodes as ? Can I put my masters academic project. Right now I am literally in a very bad state.

I took my IELTS and scored overall band 7, I am yet to take PTE.

Anybody valuable insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Dinesh
why dont you email EA? they might help you. what anzsco you applying for?

Reactions: GR-D

·
Registered
151 Posts
You do not need to trick EA.
Just write the CDRs based on your school projects. Your work experiences would not affect you too much. Just simply put them in your resume because EA requires that there is no gap in the resume.

I personally think you need to have a closer look at what occupation you would like to be assessed. If you want to be assessed under 233311 Electrical Engineer, please make sure that you write your CDRs according to the occupation descriptions. (They can be found here: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1)

A degree emphasising radio communication is not so solid for 233311 because normally it is about grid and power.

May I know what is the emphasis of your bachelors degree?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why dont you email EA? they might help you. what anzsco you applying for?
I haven't tried mailing EA. I should do that.

However I can choose (assuming) any one from three ANZSCO where my educational qualification relates to them. Because my major is "Electrical engineering emphasising on Radio communications"

"233311 Electrical Engineer"
"263311 Telecommunications Engineer"
"313211 Radiocommunications Technician".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just write the CDRs based on your school projects. Your work experiences would not affect you too much. Just simply put them in your resume because EA requires that there is no gap in the resume.

I personally think you need to have a closer look at what occupation you would like to be assessed. If you want to be assessed under 233311 Electrical Engineer, please make sure that you write your CDRs according to the occupation descriptions. (They can be found here

A degree emphasising radio communication is not so solid for 233311 because normally it is about grid and power.

That is right.

My bacherlors is Electricals and electronics, however since my major is also electrical engineering but emphasising on "Radio communications" it can be a problem. I would choose between the below three ANZSCO

Do you have any suggestions ? for me 313211 makes sense because of my Majors.

Let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I personally think you need to have a closer look at what occupation you would like to be assessed. If you want to be assessed under 233311 Electrical Engineer, please make sure that you write your CDRs according to the occupation descriptions.

That is right.

My bacherlors is Electricals and electronics, however since my major is also electrical engineering but emphasising on "Radio communications" it can be a problem. I would choose between the below three ANZSCO

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
That is right.

You can go for either Electrical 2333 or Electronics 2334 which you missed. Write a CDR based on what you feel is you can write good enough CDR to convince your case officer to give you one of those code.

In any case, if your CDR is not good, you will most likely be offered 233914 Engineering Technologist. Then you will need 65 points for 189 invite.

2333 and 2334 can get invite in 60 points as of last year, so try get those.

This will help: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...neer-australia-processing-time-frame-643.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-episode-my-professional-advice-everyone.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can go for either Electrical 2333 or Electronics 2334 which you missed. Write a CDR based on what you feel is you can write good enough CDR to convince your case officer to give you one of those code.

In any case, if your CDR is not good, you will most likely be offered 233914 Engineering Technologist. Then you will need 65 points for 189 invite.

2333 and 2334 can get invite in 60 points as of last year, so try get those.
Thank you there.

A quick question though can I mention only one ANZSCO or can I have more than one ? just out of curiosity.

Why do you think this ""313211 Radiocommunications Technician" or anyother ANZSCO that I mentioned wouldn't work? again out of curiosity.

Because as you can see then I have to choose the correct one out of 6 (3 mentioned by me & 3 by you) which would be really overwhelming.

Can you please help me out here! Thank you :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thank you there.

A quick question though can I mention only one ANZSCO or can I have more than one ? just out of curiosity.

Why do you think this ""313211 Radiocommunications Technician" or anyother ANZSCO that I mentioned wouldn't work? again out of curiosity.

Because as you can see then I have to choose the correct one out of 6 (3 mentioned by me & 3 by you) which would be really overwhelming.

Can you please help me out here! Thank you :)
You chose one and write CDR based on that not all. So, only you can decide what you studied and what you want. Search here and find the roles of each occupation and that's usually the starting and ending point of your CDR. 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2

I didn't said those wouldn't work. It's up to you to write CDR based on that and convince CO. Remember one thing though, you only have one chance to write a good CDR so I will say take your time like 1 whole month or so if you need but get it right. Else you get 233914 Engineering Technologist.

Usually as I have seen, most people usually go for either Electrical or Electronics since that's what their degree is named after.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You chose one and write CDR based on that not all. So, only you can decide what you studied and what you want. Search here and find the roles of each occupation and that's usually the starting and ending point of your CDR. 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2

I didn't said those wouldn't work. It's up to you to write CDR based on that and convince CO. Remember one thing though, you only have one chance to write a good CDR so I will say take your time like 1 whole month or so if you need but get it right. Else you get 233914 Engineering Technologist.

Usually as I have seen, most people usually go for either Electrical or Electronics since that's what their degree is named after.

Usually with a "233914 Engineering technologist", is it relatively easier to apply and get it or is it equally tough with other ANZSOC's ?

Like you suggested, we got only 1 chance (unless we are lucky) and I would like to get it right.

Your suggestions ? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey there,

Usually with a "233914 Engineering technologist", is it relatively easier to apply and get it or is it equally tough with other ANZSOC's ?

Like you suggested, we got only 1 chance (unless we are lucky) and I would like to get it right.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hey there,

You need 65 points for 2339 and that usually means 20 points in English. If you are good at it, then you have chance. But we don't know this years ceiling and if ceiling is reduced it will be long before you get invite in 2339. If you apply by Aug 2017 for 233914, you may get invite this year. if you apply post Aug 2017, I can't tell if you will manage it this year at this point of time. It all depends on the ceiling which we will know hopefully this month.

2333 and 2334 doesn't have waiting time much and 2333 gets direct invite in 14 days at 60 points and 2334 has long waiting time at 60 points and direct invite at 65. Whatever you do, do it right and submit EOI asap for earlier DOE.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need 65 points for 2339 and that usually means 20 points in English. If you are good at it, then you have chance. But we don't know this years ceiling and if ceiling is reduced it will be long before you get invite in 2339. If you apply by Aug 2017 for 233914, you may get invite this year. if you apply post Aug 2017, I can't tell if you will manage it this year at this point of time. It all depends on the ceiling which we will know hopefully this month.

2333 and 2334 doesn't have waiting time much and 2333 gets direct invite in 14 days at 60 points and 2334 has long waiting time at 60 points and direct invite at 65. Whatever you do, do it right and submit EOI asap for earlier DOE.
One of the main reasons I hesitate on 2333 is because, though I have my bachelors in Electrical and Masters also in electrical, my Masters degree is electrical engineering emphasising on "Radio communications" and the project i did during my masters degree was based out of 1. wireless communication, 2.LTE advanced, 3. projects based on Antennas, 4.Neural networks. For my bachelors i did a project on "Identifying power theft from electrical lines", both in my opinion are opposite.

Typically we should have 3 Career episodes, correct ?

Now I am little confused what ANZSCO to go with.

I read from one of the websites that radio communication technician is in need in Australia.

And It may take some time before I start my process to apply, due to financial constraints.

:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
One of the main reasons I hesitate on 2333 is because, though I have my bachelors in Electrical and Masters also in electrical, my Masters degree is electrical engineering emphasising on "Radio communications" and the project i did during my masters degree was based out of 1. wireless communication, 2.LTE advanced, 3. projects based on Antennas, 4.Neural networks. For my bachelors i did a project on "Identifying power theft from electrical lines", both in my opinion are opposite.

Typically we should have 3 Career episodes, correct ?

Now I am little confused what ANZSCO to go with.

I read from one of the websites that radio communication technician is in need in Australia.

And It may take some time before I start my process to apply, due to financial constraints.

:fingerscrossed:
As I said you know what is best for you, but make sure you get what you want by writing a good CDR and not get 233914 instead.

And don't wait too long cos the way things are going, if you plan to apply next year, it might not be in the MLTSSl list.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That is right.

Go for 233311 Electrical if you can.
Your outcome could base entirely on how you write up your CDRs.
I suggust you to write your CDRs base on the school projects that can be related to high voltage power such as grid, power analysis, power system planning, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As I said you know what is best for you, but make sure you get what you want by writing a good CDR and not get 233914 instead.

And don't wait too long cos the way things are going, if you plan to apply next year, it might not be in the MLTSSl list.
Sorry for the late reply, office has been eating my head alive :fish::(

I really have to plan according with my CDR and make the best outcome possible.

I will speed up the process as soon as possible. Thank you for the advise. I will keep you updated on the same.

I have one quick questions, now what is the visa validity for Engineers australia ? Is it a PR visa in itself or how is it ? I tried to google about it but no where can I find what I want. what is the validity of the visa 18 months or 4 years ?

Thank you for your time sir!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go for 233311 Electrical if you can.
Your outcome could base entirely on how you write up your CDRs.
I suggust you to write your CDRs base on the school projects that can be related to high voltage power such as grid, power analysis, power system planning, etc.
I thought about it, however the amount of project I did was more in my Masters, which is Masters in Electrical engineering emphasis on Radio communications, so basically I learnt about wireless communications, antenna theory, neural networks etc.

But as per your suggestion, the likelihood of getting my visa would be easy in 233311, thats what you are suggesting. Again problem with my masters. That's why I choose the above

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, office has been eating my head alive :fish::(

I really have to plan according with my CDR and make the best outcome possible.

I will speed up the process as soon as possible. Thank you for the advise. I will keep you updated on the same.

I have one quick questions, now what is the visa validity for Engineers australia ? Is it a PR visa in itself or how is it ? I tried to google about it but no where can I find what I want. what is the validity of the visa 18 months or 4 years ?

Thank you for your time sir!
Not sure what visa validity you are talking about. EA doesn't issue visa or have any visa program.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure what visa validity you are talking about. EA doesn't issue visa or have any visa program.
Yeah sorry, that was a mistake. I have a clear idea now. Thanks a lot.

Hope some will find this useful.

I will keep updating the process.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts