Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My nominated occupation is University Tutor.

Actually, I started my PhD studies right after I got my Master's degree, so technically, I don't have any working experiences other than what I am doing now as a tutor and the same time, PhD student. I've been teaching tutorials for one year and now plan to apply for 189 visa. Regarding the skill assessment, I would like to know if I am eligible because I have no idea whether my tutor experience can be assessed. I would like to note that it is not a fulltime or permanent job. If yes, can my scholarship be considered the payment of my tutor position?

Please guide me....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know the answer? If I can't have skill assessment, I can't even submit EOI...

But my husband is eligible I suppose, coz he has master's degree and 8 year's IT engineer experiences. If he is granted 189 visa, can I apply for partner visa (subclass 100)? In that case, it is not necessarily that I have to apply for 189 visa in the first place, right?

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Anyone know the answer? If I can't have skill assessment, I can't even submit EOI...

But my husband is eligible I suppose, coz he has master's degree and 8 year's IT engineer experiences. If he is granted 189 visa, can I apply for partner visa (subclass 100)? In that case, it is not necessarily that I have to apply for 189 visa in the first place, right?
Your partner can include you in his application, for that you dont have to go through Skill Assessment. It is convenient to include spouse at the first place rather than later applying for Subclass 100 even though you are perfectly entitled to do so.

Reactions: Fenny210

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your partner can include you in his application, for that you dont have to go through Skill Assessment. It is convenient to include spouse at the first place rather than later applying for Subclass 100 even though you are perfectly entitled to do so.
I see, thanks very much. If he includes me in the application, what kind of visa I am going to get? Am I eligible to work in Australia? :)

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
You are suppose to get the same visa as your partner AFAIK and yes you'll be able to work unrestricted.

Reactions: Fenny210
1 - 6 of 6 Posts