Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might please be able to provide me with some advice. I've been living in the UK since 2 June 2006. I initially came over from Australia on a Working Holiday permit, but transferred to a Work Permit on 7 June 2007 (due to expire on 7 June 2012).

However, I moved to a new company (in January 2008) and was subsequently issued with a new work permit which expires on 13 March 2013.

My question is this: I want to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain at the earliest possible date. In June, I will have been in the UK on a Work Permit for five years, but I read you can only apply for ILR one month before your visa is due to expire. Does the fact that I've changed employers (and in turn received a new work permit) mean that I can only apply in March 2013, or am I able to apply in June this year?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to assist.

·
Registered
39,247 Posts
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might please be able to provide me with some advice. I've been living in the UK since 2 June 2006. I initially came over from Australia on a Working Holiday permit, but transferred to a Work Permit on 7 June 2007 (due to expire on 7 June 2012).

However, I moved to a new company (in January 2008) and was subsequently issued with a new work permit which expires on 13 March 2013.

My question is this: I want to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain at the earliest possible date. In June, I will have been in the UK on a Work Permit for five years, but I read you can only apply for ILR one month before your visa is due to expire. Does the fact that I've changed employers (and in turn received a new work permit) mean that I can only apply in March 2013, or am I able to apply in June this year?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to assist.
You need to have been in UK for 5 years under work permit visa (now superseded by points-based system) - change of employer doesn't matter, as you have been issued with new FLR. So you can apply in June.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.