Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Im not allowed to carry poker chips. But am I allowed to carry playing cards??? I am a magician. So I use playing cards in my performances. Also I have a collection of magic related DVDs. can I carry them to dubai without any issues or confiscating???

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Playing cards are fine as are your DVD's. Put them in your suitcase rather than a shipping container if you want to be sure though.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I play poker once a month with the boys.

We use real poker chips.

So somehow they got into the UAE.....

I know that Im not allowed to carry poker chips. But am I allowed to carry playing cards??? I am a magician. So I use playing cards in my performances. Also I have a collection of magic related DVDs. can I carry them to dubai without any issues or confiscating???

·
Banned
812 Posts
I hope you know that magicians are not very well received in the middle east. They are regarded as evil and people swear that the evil eye destroys them. See, your eyes would be considered evil and will emit evilness. So will your hands, doing all its magic crap. They will hunt you down, sword in hand, balaclava on head, in their little ninga black suits and drag through town, for shame. They'll place you in chop chop square, until your head is of smithereens. I wouldnt risk it, buddy - YOU WILL NOT COME OUT ALIVE! Didn't you know they have swords under those white dish dashas?

:D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Emirates airline sells playing cards and I believe gives some to their first class passengers so I suspect you are safe.

·
Banned
812 Posts
Emirates airline sells playing cards and I believe gives some to their first class passengers so I suspect you are safe.
Ohhhh yes! And the Gulf Arab are gambling pros, too! All those competitions and lines waiting to enter them during these festivals.... to win all these millions, Ya Haraam! :p

·
Registered
308 Posts
Best post of the year by far! :first:

·
Registered
275 Posts
ArabianNights said:
I hope you know that magicians are not very well received in the middle east. They are regarded as evil and people swear that the evil eye destroys them. See, your eyes would be considered evil and will emit evilness. So will your hands, doing all its magic crap. They will hunt you down, sword in hand, balaclava on head, in their little ninga black suits and drag through town, for shame. They'll place you in chop chop square, until your head is of smithereens. I wouldnt risk it, buddy - YOU WILL NOT COME OUT ALIVE! Didn't you know they have swords under those white dish dashas?

:D
This is so funny!!! If I were you though, on a serious note, I would call yourself an 'illusionslist' as that is seemingly perfectly acceptable as the trick is an illusion and not magic.... Failing that, get fit and bring your runners as they will hunt you down bustle you to chop chop square and everything else Arabian nights said.... Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.