Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL

NEED SOME HELP WE ARE HOPING TO MOVE OVER TO CYPRUS IN THE NEXT 2-3 MONTHS. WE WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN OR AROUND PROTARAS ARE THE ANY GOOD ENGLISH SPEAKING SCHOOLS LOCAL TO THIS AREA. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR A PROPERTY TO RENT. PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP

THANK YOU ALL FOR ANY ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE ME:ranger:

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
HI ALL

NEED SOME HELP WE ARE HOPING TO MOVE OVER TO CYPRUS IN THE NEXT 2-3 MONTHS. WE WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN OR AROUND PROTARAS ARE THE ANY GOOD ENGLISH SPEAKING SCHOOLS LOCAL TO THIS AREA. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR A PROPERTY TO RENT. PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP

THANK YOU ALL FOR ANY ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE ME:ranger:
If you are thinking of full time living Protaras is not a good choice.
It is very much a seasonal holiday resort and you will find much of it closes down in the winter.
If you have children you would be far better to look at places closer to Larnaca if you want to be on t he Eastern side of the island.

Veronica

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi veronica

thank you for your feedback we are staying in protaras at the end of the year for a week to see what the area is like and to look at some properties we are also going to look at areas around larnaca

thanks again
steven

·
Registered
261 Posts
hi veronica

thank you for your feedback we are staying in protaras at the end of the year for a week to see what the area is like and to look at some properties we are also going to look at areas around larnaca

thanks again
steven
Hi Steven
Most eastern tourist areas pretty much close down in the winter, we drove to Protaras a couple of weeks ago and couldn't even find a coffee shop open, although Ayia Napa wasn't quite so bad. At this time of year most tourist activities tend to be more 'hotel' based.
If you are interested in this area for long term rental etc. i would suggest looking at some of the more inland villages such as Avgorou, Frenaros, Sotira and Liopetri. In my opinion this is a lovely area and which has a surprising number of 'Brit' residents. Also, being away from the holiday hotspots, aren't reliant on tourism so retaurants, tavernas and shopping facilities all remain open, you're close to Paralimni for schools and larger stores, the island's best beaches are all only 15-20 mins away with Larnaca & airport only 35-40 mins.
Larnaca is a bustling large town full of everything you need and surrounded by villages but of course the compromise is the better beaches are further away, so it will just depend on the life style you are after.
If you are looking for agents, take a look at a thread posted last week 'Relocating with a family and need a start' (i think) where several suggestions for rental & property agents were supplied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.