Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ex husband applied for his citizenship late last year and although he notified the home office of his change of address they sent all of the documents to the old address!!

The first thing he did on discovering this was check at the address and with the post office, but with no joy.

After many emails to the HO regarding this they have now written a letter to him stating that he should take this up with the Post Office and therefore the case is closed in their opinion.

They clearly fail to take any responsibility for their error and now leave us with a huge cost of obtaining new certificates. The expired passport which they had is obviously gone forever. We are obviously concerned that these docs could have got into the wrong hands..

Pretty disgusting to say the least :mad:

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I think there is an email address where you can lodge a complaint if you haven't already and you may want to talk to your MP. None of those things will probably get your documents back but they may investigate the procedure.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nyclon, yes I have suggested this to him but having already had 4 strokes he is finding the whole episode very stressful which is a shame really..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.