Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are flying to Alicante airport in July and staying in Altea for a few days to gather together some information about eventually moving over there to live :)

I was wondering if someone could please advise me on the best way to get to Altea from Alicante airport?

Thank you

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello,

We are flying to Alicante airport in July and staying in Altea for a few days to gather together some information about eventually moving over there to live :)

I was wondering if someone could please advise me on the best way to get to Altea from Alicante airport?

Thank you
Unfortunately Alicante airport is very poorly served by public transport. You would need to take a bus into the city, tram to Benidorm then change onto the diesel train to Altea. Unless you really want a cheap option I would not do this - especially with luggage.

There is a bus to Altea run by Alsa buses but I don't think it runs very often. You could check out their web page for times

There is a scheduled bus service to Benidorm. From there you would need to change buses for Altea or you could get a taxi from Benidorm bus station to Altea that would cost around €15

A taxi would cost about €80-100. I would recommend pre-booking with a taxi company and getting a fixed price.

Have you thought of renting a car and driving yourself?

Are you staying at a hotel? Some hotels can arrange transfer for you at reduced rates. If you are renting an apartment or house, some landlords can arrange it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello DunWorking,

Thank you for your detailed reply, it's very helpful.
We had thought about the tram option but I suppose it isn't ideal as you say.
We will look further into the other options.
We are staying at a hostel, not sure that they would provide a transfer service.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello DunWorking,

Thank you for your detailed reply, it's very helpful.
We had thought about the tram option but I suppose it isn't ideal as you say.
We will look further into the other options.
We are staying at a hostel, not sure that they would provide a transfer service.

Thank you very much
If you don't want the expense of a taxi all the way I think your best option is the bus to Benidorm and then a taxi from there. Taking a taxi on the last stage will also mean you will not be struggling to find where you are staying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts