Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Mrs Lamp picked up some hand-made soap in January whilst we were wondering around Global Village, and loved it! It was from Syria (well, so we were told), made from olive oil, and was sold in stamped, hand-cut blocks.

The soap has just run out, and of course Global Village has just closed.

A quick google check, and I think this is Aleppo Soap.

Does anyone know anywhere that I can get this now that Global Village has closed?

Thanks, Lamp

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi there

Mrs Lamp picked up some hand-made soap in January whilst we were wondering around Global Village, and loved it! It was from Syria (well, so we were told), made from olive oil, and was sold in stamped, hand-cut blocks.

The soap has just run out, and of course Global Village has just closed.

A quick google check, and I think this is Aleppo Soap.

Does anyone know anywhere that I can get this now that Global Village has closed?

Thanks, Lamp
You can get it at Union Co-op Safa Park branch.

(And for those who are interested: Aleppo soap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

teuchter

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get it at Union Co-op Safa Park branch.

(And for those who are interested: Aleppo soap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

teuchter
Hi again

Yes, went there this afternoon, found and bought. Perfect!! :cool:

Much obliged, and thanks very much.
Lamp

PS also happy, as it saved my bacon for not having topped up our stock at Global Village before end of March!!! :clap2:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi again

Yes, went there this afternoon, found and bought. Perfect!! :cool:

Much obliged, and thanks very much.
Lamp

PS also happy, as it saved my bacon for not having topped up our stock at Global Village before end of March!!! :clap2:
Glad to hear harmony has been maintained (restored?) on the household front :)

teuchter

·
Registered
494 Posts
I really think I might try this! Not heard of it before but have a child with exzema and another who really reacts to mosquito bites, its worth a try!! Thanks for sharing :)
Definitely worth a try: a niece of mine back home was badly affected by eczema and none of the lotions, pills or creams prescribed by doctors seemed to work. She tried this soap on a visit here and now swears by it :)

teuchter

·
Registered
56 Posts
the Union Co-op will probably sell more of the soap than normal...I'm going to give it a go too if there's any left.

Just make sure you do a test patch on your skin before submerging:
" The EU has banned the use of laurel oil as a cosmetic ingredient, by its 76/768/EWG directive. Laurel oil is suspected to provoke allergic reactions in certain cases. "

( How Aleppo soap is made )

#justsaying

·
Registered
275 Posts
waterproof teabag said:
the Union Co-op will probably sell more of the soap than normal...I'm going to give it a go too if there's any left.

Just make sure you do a test patch on your skin before submerging:
" The EU has banned the use of laurel oil as a cosmetic ingredient, by its 76/768/EWG directive. Laurel oil is suspected to provoke allergic reactions in certain cases. "

( How Aleppo soap is made )

#justsaying
Thanks for the heads up! :) will patch test for sure x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.