Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows the limit on the amount of alcohol that can be brought into DXB from abroad? I've been told four bottles. Is that correct? If I don't have a permit, will tht be an issue at the airport?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are you guys talking about alcohol u can pack in your suitcase? And can you purchase more at Dubai airport when u arrive?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No the total you can bring in is 4 litres, regardless of whether you bought it into the country or purchased at Duty Free in Dubai.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you take 4 bottles into Dubai and take them back to your apartment, do you need a licence to drink them? Do you need proof of where you purchased the bottles.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you take 4 bottles into Dubai and take them back to your apartment, do you need a licence to drink them? Do you need proof of where you purchased the bottles.
Technically (ahem!), you do indeed require an alcohol licence to store/consume alcohol in your home - regardless of where it was purchased.

teuchter

·
Registered
536 Posts
No they dont check at the airport, its one of those crazy grey areas. Anyone can buy booze at the duty free shop in arrivals upto 4 litres, nobody ever checks that you have a booze license and i have happily clanked my way into taxis many a time.

Once you get home and consume then technically you are breaking the law. as long as you drink in peace and dont have mad parties with the 3 f's (fighting, fornicating and falling off balconies) you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Check if you have a permit? No.
Check quantity - Yes, possibly-you walk through customs after Duty Free.

·
Registered
432 Posts
They don;t give a damn at the airport...even if you buy 12 liters....
as they make loads of $$$ out of it....

but make sure you have the licence if you live and work in Dubai....

otherwise you may end up in trouble (its enough if a neighbor calls and complains...)

:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've found alcohol in Dubai Duty Free to cost MUCH less than in Europe and USA. Recently airlines are very strict about weight limits on bags and bottles of alcohol are very heavy. Also, you wouldn't want a bottle to burst on you or your luggage.

Maybe give your friends a treat and give them all away! : ) Then buy what you need at duty free. JMHO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.