Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am from India and i am planning to apply for PR for my wife under category Skilled Independent Visa.
She has done her B.Sc. in Physics and has done M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics. She has around 8 years of experience in teaching for Physics in India.

As part of PR process, need to get the skilled assessment done from AITSL. As one of the requirement is Professional Qualification so my question is whether MSc can be considered for Professional qualification or we need B.Ed. or other similar degree only?

Can anybody please help?

Regards,
Rachit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Rachit

Technically MSc is considered as valid qualification, but depends on lot of other things like uni, duration, full time etc .. but since its different from profession the evaluating authority will deduct few years of experience.

Hence the good part is you/spouse "may" still able to claim education point
But on the contrary, you will loose some of the experience points

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi 189,

It's a 2 year fulltime course. Will it be technically acceptable?

Also, there is some clause of 45 days of supervised teaching experience. I am not sure as part of MSc, this is possible. Any idea, what can be an alternate for this?

Thanks,
Rachit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
To be classed as a skilled teacher your degree needs to be in education with at least 45 days of supervised teaching experience.....as far as I am aware there are no Indian degrees which offer this. On this forum I believe this is a common issue that applicants have...they may be experienced in teaching but they are not considered teachers by immigration because they do not have the supervised experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts