Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
air traffic controllers will strike from 7am-9am 19, 20, and 26 April.

Short and sweet but will have a knock on effect throughout the day I guess:eek:
Thanks for the heads up but not so sweet for us Siobhan. We got delayed for two hours at Porto on Friday 13th of all days. Thank goodness my reservations were on a late train when we got to London. Then, thanks to the Virgin incident at Gatwick and yet another TAP plane going faulty, we suffered another 5.5 hrs delay on the return on Monday finally arriving back at Porto at 10 past midnight and home in Coimbra by 2.15.

So that's it for us with TAP and now we're fast running out of options having already abandoned squeezyJet. High time a half decent operator moved into PT.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up but not so sweet for us Siobhan. We got delayed for two hours at Porto on Friday 13th of all days. Thank goodness my reservations were on a late train when we got to London. Then, thanks to the Virgin incident at Gatwick and yet another TAP plane going faulty, we suffered another 5.5 hrs delay on the return on Monday finally arriving back at Porto at 10 past midnight and home in Coimbra by 2.15.

So that's it for us with TAP and now we're fast running out of options having already abandoned squeezyJet. High time a half decent operator moved into PT.
Problem is though John, when it is ATC that strike ALL arlines are affected :(

So sorry it must have spoilt your weekend a bit:eek:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Problem is though John, when it is ATC that strike ALL arlines are affected :(

So sorry it must have spoilt your weekend a bit:eek:
Just a little Siobhan. We went to Edinburgh to see the pandas and even they were on strike (asleep).

My problem with TAP is that everytime we book with them via Gatwick there is a delay. This time it was another aircraft change due to a technical fault. Perhaps privatisation wouldn't be such a bad idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.