Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have been quite careful at looking at realtors who are aipp members.

Is there a similar thing for rentals or is it just luck of the draw?

We are now looking at renting somewhere for six months or so and have found a couple of places we like but neither site shows the AIPP logo or mentions it, they only do rentals though so I am a little confused and could use your advice.

Thanks,

Simon.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Hi,

We have been quite careful at looking at realtors who are aipp members.

Is there a similar thing for rentals or is it just luck of the draw?

We are now looking at renting somewhere for six months or so and have found a couple of places we like but neither site shows the AIPP logo or mentions it, they only do rentals though so I am a little confused and could use your advice.

Thanks,

Simon.
There is no requirement for Estate Agents (what's this 'realtors' :p) to be registered in Spain - anyone can be one no matter what qualifications they have.

Absolutely the same for letting 'agents' - although all they really do is to find a property. There is generally no management done after that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no requirement for Estate Agents (what's this 'realtors' :p) to be registered in Spain - anyone can be one no matter what qualifications they have.

Absolutely the same for letting 'agents' - although all they really do is to find a property. There is generally no management done after that.
Thanks for that, we will keep looking at estate agents then! ;)

I guess I am still thinking in Australian! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts