Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First time on this forum, I have just started the the initial steps in Emigrating to Australia, hopefully Victoria. I have been advised by mates
to go though an agent in relation to visa's etc. Any views would b appreciated

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm at the end of my visa process (175 subclass) and I did everything through an agent in Australia.

I decided to go that way in order to have someone guide me with all the paperwork involved and to do it right the first time, avoiding some delays or problems due to my own lack of experience in the matter.

So far I'm happy with how things have turned out, as I'm just waiting for the grant, with every other previous step approved.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Skoropada said:
I'm at the end of my visa process (175 subclass) and I did everything through an agent in Australia.

I decided to go that way in order to have someone guide me with all the paperwork involved and to do it right the first time, avoiding some delays or problems due to my own lack of experience in the matter.

So far I'm happy with how things have turned out, as I'm just waiting for the grant, with every other previous step approved.
Hi skoropada
Even I'm in the final stage of my 175 appln. Have submitted my medicals, Indian pcc. Just awaiting Australian AFP clearance.

What about you? Submitted all docs? Would be nice to know.. Cheers and all the very best to you!

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi,
First time on this forum, I have just started the the initial steps in Emigrating to Australia, hopefully Victoria. I have been advised by mates
Welcome to the forum. I think it's a good idea to get in touch with a migration agent (make sure they are registered with MARA - https://www.mara.gov.au/ ) to see what your options are and what the next steps would be. Usually they will provide a consultation for free.

From there, it's up to you as to whether or not you want to use an agent. If you are not adept at doing research and filling out paperwork and "dotting your i's, crossing your t's" sort of stuff, then you might want to retain an agent to ensure that everything is being done correctly. I decided to hire an agent for the peace of mind -- knowing that my case is being handled appropriately by an expert and that they're there if I have any questions, is really comforting. It's not cheap, but it's worth it if you want to be sure that it's being done right!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi skoropada
Even I'm in the final stage of my 175 appln. Have submitted my medicals, Indian pcc. Just awaiting Australian AFP clearance.

What about you? Submitted all docs? Would be nice to know.. Cheers and all the very best to you!
I have submitted everything, and already paid the 2nd VAC, so everything is pre-approved. Only administrative procedures pending in DIAC and I'll get the visa.:D

Here's a link to my timeline: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...dd-your-visa-timeline-here-17.html#post767435

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Welcome to the forum....This is the best place to get real,uncomplicated and up-to-date info on aussie immmigration :)...
A lof of guys(including myself) have done the whole nine yards by ourselves. Agents arent really necessary bcoz everything is readily and easily available on the DIAC website. The forms are pretty easy to fill out and a bit of internet surfing will give you all answers to your ques. But if you are not too comfortable with all this then you can get an agent but be rest assured that the agent's ultimately gonna take a look at the websites himself and advise you to take the next step. apart from this,rules are changing from July'12 so you will have to keep abreast with these changing rules. Make sure that your agent is MARA registered.

You will get answers to a lot of ques on this forum itself....
Good Luck..

Hi,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.