Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used an agent in Australia for 2750. Total cost around 8000 including acts ielts pcc medicals etc

·
Registered
68 Posts
sandylewis said:
I used an agent in Australia for 2750. Total cost around 8000 including acts ielts pcc medicals etc
All figures in aud.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi sandylewis,

I've just started the process for PR, i'm applying from India where as can I use an agent from Australia to process the visa for me? or should i need to use an agent from India?

Thanks in advance!!!

G

·
Hi sandylewis,

I've just started the process for PR, i'm applying from India where as can I use an agent from Australia to process the visa for me? or should i need to use an agent from India?

Thanks in advance!!!
Why do you need to use an agent in India? Your agent can be anywhere in the world as the work can be carried out over the phone and via email.

You should however ensure they are https://www.mara.gov.au/ registered. Personally I wouldn't pay much attention to any other registration they may have as it wouldn't help you if they made an error or acted illegally.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why do you need to use an agent in India? Your agent can be anywhere in the world as the work can be carried out over the phone and via email.

Thanks a lot for your quick and prompt response. I have got his migration agent number and verified in "mara", then let me proceed with Australia guy.

Btw, can you help me in getting the list of documents that need to be submitted to ACS for employment assessment.

G

·
I have no idea about ACS sorry not my field. But what does it say on their website? Do the application forms and guide not tell you what to send?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have no idea about ACS sorry not my field. But what does it say on their website? Do the application forms and guide not tell you what to send?
Yup they do have the list, i thought of getting experts suggestion on this before proceeding :) as i dont have much time to do re-work.

If I'm starting the process this month, will I be able to log my application before June 30th by completing ACS assessment on my expeirence? As my agent and others said rules for PR is not going to be same from July 1st.

Experts please advice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I completely agree with sraza. there are good and bad agents. And if you get a bad agent your things will be delayed. Its better to apply on your own. This forum will help you tremendously.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you already have the answer. You can use an agent from anywhere. Just check for MARA agents only. Agents in aus are a lil costly compared to india. No advantage in using aus agents as they are treated same as indian agents by immigration. i took an agent in sydney because i wanted to be face to face and my friend referred me to him.

Good luck and hurry up. Get ACS as soon as possible.

Hi sandylewis,

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Satish,

you need reference letters from all of your employers (exp that you want to show). It should clearly state the designation, dates of employment, duties (try to match with the ones on ACS site), manager or HR name and designation. This should be on company letter head with business address n telephone numbers.

My agent asked me to get any possible documents that i can lay my hands on from the company (offer letter, appointment letter, increment letter, promotion letter, releiving letter, pay slips, form 16 and tax documents).

I am not sure which of these were sent to ACS but i think they will be needed when you apply for DIAC which will check for your experience.

Thanks a lot for your quick and prompt response. I have got his migration agent number and verified in "mara", then let me proceed with Australia guy.

Btw, can you help me in getting the list of documents that need to be submitted to ACS for employment assessment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.