Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Currently I have an agent who is taking care of my immigration stuff and so far he has submitted an EOI for me for the 189 visa.

My question is, is it possible for me to keep track of that EOI as well (so i will be notified of when/if i get an invite)?

I understand that he cant just give me access to his immi account so was wondering if there is another way.

·
Registered
21,505 Posts
Hi All

Currently I have an agent who is taking care of my immigration stuff and so far he has submitted an EOI for me for the 189 visa.

My question is, is it possible for me to keep track of that EOI as well (so i will be notified of when/if i get an invite)?

I understand that he cant just give me access to his immi account so was wondering if there is another way.
Immiaccount and Skillselect are different accounts

The agent may share the Skillselect account as it is made for each applicant individually
Unlike Immiaccount wherein the agent can add as many applicants as he wants

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Immiaccount and Skillselect are different accounts

The agent may share the Skillselect account as it is made for each applicant individually
Unlike Immiaccount wherein the agent can add as many applicants as he wants

Cheers
Thanks for that NB

Is the agent obliged to share the SkillSelect account with me if I request it or he can say no?

·
Registered
21,505 Posts
Thanks for that NB

Is the agent obliged to share the SkillSelect account with me if I request it or he can say no?
Never appointed a agent so wouldn’t know
You can ask him directly

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for that NB

Agents can share the Skillselect ID-Pwd with you as it is made up for individual applicants unlike immiaccount. But many a times agents are reluctant to share it with applicants because then there are some (stupid) applicants who by mistakenly can suspend/withdraw their EOI by logging frequently or the account gets locked if the applicant failed to submit correct pwd after frequent incorrect logins. So, this all adds to the agent's agony.
I asked my agent for the same and he happily shared it. So, go ahead and ask your agent. Even if he/she doesn't share it, they will definitely contact/update you as and when they get an invite mail for your application. If you are having doubts on that, change the agent. lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agents can share the Skillselect ID-Pwd with you as it is made up for individual applicants unlike immiaccount. But many a times agents are reluctant to share it with applicants because then there are some (stupid) applicants who by mistakenly can suspend/withdraw their EOI by logging frequently or the account gets locked if the applicant failed to submit correct pwd after frequent incorrect logins. So, this all adds to the agent's agony.
I asked my agent for the same and he happily shared it. So, go ahead and ask your agent. Even if he/she doesn't share it, they will definitely contact/update you as and when they get an invite mail for your application. If you are having doubts on that, change the agent. lol
Yeah I did ask my agent and they refused for the exact reason u just mentioned lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, correct me if im wrong, im already assuming that when/if i get an invite for a visa, the agent HAS to let me know, otherwise he could be lawfully held accountable?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah I did ask my agent and they refused for the exact reason u just mentioned lol
lol told you!! Also, it does make sense. They might have a previous history of such applicants "playing" with their skillselect account every now and then, so if you see from their point of view, it is a valid reason to not share ID-pwd with future clients.

I know waiting for an invitation is hell lot frustrating. The waiting kills you (like literally). lol

Reactions: someGuyWithNoPR

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also, correct me if im wrong, im already assuming that when/if i get an invite for a visa, the agent HAS to let me know, otherwise he could be lawfully held accountable?
Well, I dont know the laws related to MARA Agents. But yes, when the agent gets an email notification for your invitation, there is no IF/BUT here, as they should and will inform/update you. No sane agent will let your invite expire without doing anything because that's not what you have paid them for.

MARA agents are reliable and in case you have anything to report against them, you can do it here:

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/resolving-disputes-with-your-agent/make-a-complaint-about-an-agent/

Reactions: someGuyWithNoPR

·
Registered
21,505 Posts
Dont worry your eoi is August? Mine is feb ict 90. Ill let you know :)
190:invites are it based on dates or points or Anzsco codes
It’s completely at the whims of the state
So for the same Anzsco code, you may be having higher points and lodged earlier, but it may well turn out that the op gets the invite and you wait twiddling your thumbs

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts