Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this query is related to the impact of age 39 on Visa application.

I am expecting my 189 invite by around Feb 2018 and by that time I would be 38.
I am hearing that Visa invite these days range from 6 to 12 months and by that time I would be 39.

Now my question is, is the point system applicable only for EOI or is it applicable for Visa as well?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello everyone, this query is related to the impact of age 39 on Visa application.

I am expecting my 189 invite by around Feb 2018 and by that time I would be 38.
I am hearing that Visa invite these days range from 6 to 12 months and by that time I would be 39.

Now my question is, is the point system applicable only for EOI or is it applicable for Visa as well?
The point system is only applicable on EOI. Once you are invited, it no longer has any affect on your visa application.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Javed, your response has give me hope :)

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I would turn 39 in coming December and my EOI is expected in April, so that time I would be 39.4. Will I be considered under the bracket of 33 to 39 or 40 to 45??

·
Registered
85 Posts
You will still be considered with 39 years. On the day of your B'day in Dec next year, you will reach 40 yrs and you will move to the bracket at that time.

Hi, I would turn 39 in coming December and my EOI is expected in April, so that time I would be 39.4. Will I be considered under the bracket of 33 to 39 or 40 to 45??

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Reactions: tofy79
1 - 8 of 8 Posts