Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have applied for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) today i.e. DOE: 28 Jul 2017 with 65 EOI points.

I have following queries:-

1. Will there be any effect on age points as I will turn 33 in Oct 2017? Logically, DOE matters so there should be no effect, but just want to confirm in case anyone has an answer. As of today, I have 30 points for age.

2. I might switch to another organization in Oct 2017. My experience as per ACS is 5 years (Major) and my current experience is 8 years. So I do not think it will make any difference to EOI points in case I switch to other company. Although, I will update the information in the experience section of EOI. I hope this will not create any issue?

3. I searched a bit but if anyone has any idea about the timeframe I might get the invite with 65 EOI points? As per information from other forums, the ceiling for 17-18 will be available in Aug 2017 so, I have no clue of approx. invite date.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

Answers to your questions..
1. As you turn 33 , I am afraid you will loose 5 points and your doe will be changed as the total score will change.

2. As you already have 5 years major experience approved by ACS . If you don't want to include your new work you don't need to get your new experience accessed. As it will not matter in terms of points but there is no exact answer to this.

3. Currently it is getting very tough to answer this question as there is no update from DIBP for occupation ceilings. But unofficially the ceilings for pro rata will not change.they will be same as last year. For now only 70 and above are getting invitation we need to wait and see for next 2 rounds for some clear picture.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SainiG

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Hi All,

I have applied for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) today i.e. DOE: 28 Jul 2017 with 65 EOI points.

I have following queries:-

1. Will there be any effect on age points as I will turn 33 in Oct 2017? Logically, DOE matters so there should be no effect, but just want to confirm in case anyone has an answer. As of today, I have 30 points for age.

2. I might switch to another organization in Oct 2017. My experience as per ACS is 5 years (Major) and my current experience is 8 years. So I do not think it will make any difference to EOI points in case I switch to other company. Although, I will update the information in the experience section of EOI. I hope this will not create any issue?

3. I searched a bit but if anyone has any idea about the timeframe I might get the invite with 65 EOI points? As per information from other forums, the ceiling for 17-18 will be available in Aug 2017 so, I have no clue of approx. invite date.
1. You will lose 5 points on your 33rd Birthday
2. Don't claim points for any experience as soon as you switch jobs. Mark the new employment as non relevant in the EOI
3. I presume you have applied under 2613 so you can expect invite only in Mar Apr 2018 provided you still have 65 points post October .
If your points get reduced to 60, then forget 189 and try for state sponsorship which also is doubtful
You have to increase your score if you are serious about migrating

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts