Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I would like to thank this forum and its members, I got a PR on 27-08-2013. I am planning to visit Australia with my family during the month of January for two weeks, my plan is to visit Australia and complete the formalities and come back to my current place for one more year.

I want to know what are the things to be done like TFN, Medicare etc.

Cheers

Trends

G

·
None of them. You can not register or use medicare or centrelink until you have a residential address and a living in the country. TFN also needs a residential address. Just enjoy your holiday.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dear All I would like to thank this forum and its members, I got a PR on 27-08-2013. I am planning to visit Australia with my family during the month of January for two weeks, my plan is to visit Australia and complete the formalities and come back to my current place for one more year. I want to know what are the things to be done like TFN, Medicare etc. Cheers Trends
why would you bother yourself with TFN, Medicare, etc when you have no intention to stay here? Anyway - as shel rightly pointed out, you can't do any of these unless you have residential address here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it will not affect my visa status right as the last day to enter to Australia for me is May 13 2014. And my visa is valid until 2018.
Visa Grant Date 27 August 2013
13 May 2014
Must Make First Entry to
Australia Before
Must Not Arrive After 27 August 2018
Stay Period Indefinite
Travel Facility Multiple
Visa Conditions NIL

·
Registered
492 Posts
What will not affect your visa status? not opening Medicare, TFN etc? No they will not affect anything related to your visa.

So it will not affect my visa status right as the last day to enter to Australia for me is May 13 2014. And my visa is valid until 2018.
Visa Grant Date 27 August 2013
13 May 2014
Must Make First Entry to
Australia Before
Must Not Arrive After 27 August 2018
Stay Period Indefinite
Travel Facility Multiple
Visa Conditions NIL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What will not affect your visa status? not opening Medicare, TFN etc? No they will not affect anything related to your visa.
I mean my visa status will remain active

G

·
Why w it not? There isno requirement to register for centerlink or medicare if you do not wish to use them and a tfn is fir tax filing purposes when you are an Australian resident. Having PR does not make you resident unless you actually live there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts