Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a non EU citizen came in Portugal without valid visa about a month ago. My girl friend is British. She want to come and marry me in Portugal. Am i allowed to get married here? if yes after getting married can i allowed apply Portuguese citizen? How long it will take to apply? what is requirements to apply? Or can i apply for British citizen from here?
Some one please help me.
Many thanks,
Foysal.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
You wouldn't be complete the process or be able to get the required permissions without being a legal Resident or visitor, so NO

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi,
I am a non EU citizen came in Portugal without valid visa about a month ago. My girl friend is British. She want to come and marry me in Portugal. Am i allowed to get married here? if yes after getting married can i allowed apply Portuguese citizen? How long it will take to apply? what is requirements to apply? Or can i apply for British citizen from here?
Some one please help me.
Many thanks,
Foysal.
Hi - I've just read this same post on the 'Italy' forum! Are you cloned, or are you simply desperate to find a (any…) country within the EU which permits illegal immigrants to stay, marry and gain citizenship, purely through the lucky chance of having a British girlfriend…? So, for clarification - what is your own nationality and in which country are you, today?

GC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts