Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying too clarify and reading notes in the UK Gov web site but I am still a bit confused.

After applying and gaining my first FLR (M), whats the next process. Is it ILR using the SET (M) form?

Is the financial requirements the same?

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
What part of the process are you in? I applied for a spouse visa, and my first extension was called FLR (M). However, for those that are here on a fiancé visa first, their spouse visa is essentially called FLR (M).

Answer will depend on which FLR (M) you are on.

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Basically it takes 5 years to attain ILR, so it depends on how long you have been in UK under family route. Financial requirement is basically the same, except where you rely on savings, when the whole of your savings counts, not just the bit above £16,000.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What part of the process are you in? I applied for a spouse visa, and my first extension was called FLR (M). However, for those that are here on a fiancé visa first, their spouse visa is essentially called FLR (M).

Answer will depend on which FLR (M) you are on.

Spousal Visa 33 month, FLR(M) next year. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically it takes 5 years to attain ILR, so it depends on how long you have been in UK under family route. Financial requirement is basically the same, except where you rely on savings, when the whole of your savings counts, not just the bit above £16,000.
Hi, dont really understand what you mean. We used cash savings to enter on a spouse visa and included my daughter so needed £72000 savings, but by the time ILR comes along we will be using some pension and then cash savings to top up. Do we make the difference up between the pension and savings to make what currently is £22,400?

·
Registered
169 Posts
i think he means that if we apply based on savings, for one person we would have to show £16 000 + 18 600 x 2.5, whereas for the ILR it's just the 16 000?

so look at the base savings required for you and your daughter, without needing to add on teh £XX.XX x 2.5?

i think? that whole section gives me a headache.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.