Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I have been given 175 skilled migrant visa, how much time will I be given to prepare my self before moving to Australia?
I mean how many months I can wait before entering Australia for first time after visa assignment?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
It is normally a year from the PCC/Medical date. Say if you get your medicals done on December 15th 09, you would be given time till December 10 to enter Australia, irrespective of when you get the visa. If you can not move permanently by then, all you need to do is, make a visit to any state in Australia, get your pp stamped and come back, then you have 5 years to go back as your PR visa is valid for 5 years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Anj, is the "one year from PCC/Medical" a carved in stone rule? I need to know so fixed plans can be made. And I really want to do that adventurous gig of a "one way ticket" :D

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Anj, is the "one year from PCC/Medical" a carved in stone rule? I need to know so fixed plans can be made. And I really want to do that adventurous gig of a "one way ticket" :D
No it's not carved in stone. In some cases (I think Dolly has mentioned this in the past) it could be 6 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts