Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Leelie,
I would have to agree with Weebie has posted that traveling to other countries from Australia would likely be expensive. I currently live in the US and the cheapest fare that I got was during the winter months in Australia which was around the July time frame that cost around $1600. But if I go in the summer season like December, I have seen it be like $2500 & above. While traveling to a Southeast Asia, I can get a rate for around $1800+ depending how early I purchase the ticket in advance. Check out some airline websites and just put some dates to see how much tickets would cost to travel from Australia to the other country.

As you stated above, your family being located in the UK gives an advantage to visit the countries you mentioned. But then again, living in Australia, you can probably visit the Asian countries that probably will cost more coming from the UK since it's further?

Also, keep in mind if you haven't already searched that majority of people have said that cost of living in Australia is higher than the country they may have come from. There are some posts on this forum that has questions about cost of living. Some posts give breakdowns of approximate rent, food,etc. in some cities to provide to people to know what to sort of expect.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.