Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

I have a query related to the affidavit as a proof of work experience for EA.
I cannot get the affidavit from my Reporting Manager as he lives in another city and also because I don't want to tell him that I am applying for PR.

So, I am thinking of getting it from my team-mate, who sits in same city as I do, and has designation Tech Manager. This Tech Manager is the one who actually has the responsibility of getting the work done from us and distributing projects as we are in same location so would he qualify as my SUPERVISOR as per EA. We both report to same manager on paper who is a. Senior Manager.

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello people,

I have a query related to the affidavit as a proof of work experience for EA.
I cannot get the affidavit from my Reporting Manager as he lives in another city and also because I don't want to tell him that I am applying for PR.

So, I am thinking of getting it from my team-mate, who sits in same city as I do, and has designation Tech Manager. This Tech Manager is the one who actually has the responsibility of getting the work done from us and distributing projects as we are in same location so would he qualify as my SUPERVISOR as per EA. We both report to same manager on paper who is a. Senior Manager.

Thanks a lot.

My two cents : If he is your supervisor according to your organization structure, then do have him listed as your supervisor in the affidavit. If he is your peer on paper but in practice is more of a supervisor then I would have him listed as your teammate in the affidavit.

I found myself in a pretty similar situation and got an affidavit from a teammate who was my peer in my team. I must mention that the affidavit very clearly stated that he was indeed very familiar with my day to day work as we work out of the same location, report to the same supervisor etc., Additionally I did also submit a statutory declaration from myself explaining among other things the reason for my hesitation in getting the affidavit from my supervisor.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My two cents : If he is your supervisor according to your organization structure, then do have him listed as your supervisor in the affidavit. If he is your peer on paper but in practice is more of a supervisor then I would have him listed as your teammate in the affidavit.

I found myself in a pretty similar situation and got an affidavit from a teammate who was my peer in my team. I must mention that the affidavit very clearly stated that he was indeed very familiar with my day to day work as we work out of the same location, report to the same supervisor etc., Additionally I did also submit a statutory declaration from myself explaining among other things the reason for my hesitation in getting the affidavit from my supervisor.
Thank you for the reply Tiger.
Have you got a response on EA for this till now?

·
Registered
367 Posts
In my case it was the ACS and the response was +ve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.