Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Need one information regarding experience certificate (mentioning skills) from previous employers. Do you know whether it is mandatory now-a-days or I can give affidavit?

Thanks,
Sumanta

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
For what? Skills assessment? For which assessing authority? The visa application? For all of the experience or just part?

Though simply they wont accept self declaration for all of your experience. You will need other evidence. They cant just accept your word for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is for Skill assessment - Australia PR. I've the offer letter and relieving letter (experience letter) from all my employers. But none of these letters have skills mentioned. I heard from my friends previously assessing authority used to accept affidavit. But now-a-days they are asking letter from the employers mentioning skills. Is that true?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is for Skill assessment - Australia PR. I've the offer letter and relieving letter (experience letter) from all my employers. But none of these letters have skills mentioned. I heard from my friends previously assessing authority used to accept affidavit. But now-a-days they are asking letter from the employers mentioning skills. Is that true?

·
Registered
253 Posts
As Shel questioned, who's the assessing authoriy? ACS, EA, others?

Reactions: _shel

·
Registered
253 Posts
They will be looking for reference from either your employer or your supervisor to be precise! Self declaration s are not accepted!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does it have to be supervisor? Would work colleague not do? Following is from ACS website:

A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit written by a work colleague needs to describe the working
relationship with you and details of your duties performed with relevant dates of employment. It is
preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level.

https://www.acs.org.au/__data/asset...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does it have to be supervisor? Would work colleague not do? Following is from ACS website:

A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit written by a work colleague needs to describe the working
relationship with you and details of your duties performed with relevant dates of employment. It is
preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level.

https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf
You read it there! Declaration preferably at supervisory level.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please advise

When im going through the affidavit option , what sort of proof i have to provide that my supervisor is employed in the same organisation (Eg : HR letter , visiting card ) if any1 can highlight i can prepare the same

Regards
Jumly

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Jumly,

they might call your supervisor up and verify his claims or even show up at the office ;). It's called "employment verification" and while it only happens rarely you should make it as easy as possible for ACS/DIBP to verify your employment claims. Most importantly, the contact information on the reference letters should be current and you should prepare them to expect a call/email about the matter.

Regarding recommended documents: In the old ACS guidelines they recommended to provide a scan of the supervisor's business card and a (self-drawn) organisation chart that shows where you fit in the company hierarchy relative to him. Note that he does not even have to be with the company anymore (although it is preferable if he is), which can help if you need to get reference letters for jobs that you held many years ago.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi Jumly,

they might call your supervisor up and verify his claims or even show up at the office ;). It's called "employment verification" and while it only happens rarely you should make it as easy as possible for ACS/DIBP to verify your employment claims. Most importantly, the contact information on the reference letters should be current and you should prepare them to expect a call/email about the matter.

Regarding recommended documents: In the old ACS guidelines they recommended to provide a scan of the supervisor's business card and a (self-drawn) organisation chart that shows where you fit in the company hierarchy relative to him. Note that he does not even have to be with the company anymore (although it is preferable if he is), which can help if you need to get reference letters for jobs that you held many years ago.

Cheers,
Monika
If he's not with the company any more, then he might not have the company's business card with him. In that case, how do you prove that he worked with you in the company some years ago?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts