Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I got a positive skill assessment for my occupation 342315(Elec. Instrument trade worker special class) on 16 May 2017. Right now I can claim only 60 points for EOI under 489 subclass. I will complete my 5 years of work experience on 01st Aug 2017. Shall I wait to file my EOI with 60 points under 190 subclass after 1st Aug 2017 or proceed further with 489 visa.
I have already submitted my skill assessment under 489 visa (State and family sponsored both).

IELTS : 6 each ( Sep 2016)
Skill Assessment +ve : 16 May 2017
EOI submitted : 489( family + state ) : 8th June 2017.

Regards,
Karan

Reactions: Victor123

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Hi,
I got a positive skill assessment for my occupation 342315(Elec. Instrument trade worker special class) on 16 May 2017. Right now I can claim only 60 points for EOI under 489 subclass. I will complete my 5 years of work experience on 01st Aug 2017. Shall I wait to file my EOI with 60 points under 190 subclass after 1st Aug 2017 or proceed further with 489 visa.
I have already submitted my skill assessment under 489 visa (State and family sponsored both).

IELTS : 6 each ( Sep 2016)
Skill Assessment +ve : 16 May 2017
EOI submitted : 489( family + state ) : 8th June 2017.

Regards,
Karan
On 1st August 2017, file a 2nd EOI under 190 with 60 points
Let both remain active and use th first invite you get

What's the problem with invite under 489 ?

In the meantime also explore the possibilities of getting 20 points for English through PTEA and dramatically increasing your chances of invite

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
On 1st August 2017, file a 2nd EOI under 190 with 60 points
Let both remain active and use th first invite you get

In the meantime also explore the possibilities of getting 20 points for English through PTEA and dramatically increasing your chances of invite

Cheers
489 is TR hence 190 is preferable.

In occupation 342315 ( Trade worker) my friend got an invite with 18 days after submitting EOI under 189(70 points). I am expecting to receive an invitation before 1st Aug.

and also after receiving invite, Would total points weight-age matters during further processing of application(after filling VISA app)? i.e. total points is requirement to receive an invitation? or points will also affect my application at DIBP.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
489 is TR hence 190 is preferable.

In occupation 342315 ( Trade worker) my friend got an invite with 18 days after submitting EOI under 189(70 points). I am expecting to receive an invitation before 1st Aug.

and also after receiving invite, Would total points weight-age matters during further processing of application(after filling VISA app)? or total points is requirement to receive an invitation?

Thanks!
Once an invite is received, the points don't matter for processing
It's the quality of the documents you submit, which matter

If you are sure that you will get an invite under 190 before Aug then withdraw the 489 application
I don't think you should be looking for any advice

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Once an invite is received, the points don't matter for processing
It's the quality of the documents you submit, which matter

If you are sure that you will get an invite under 190 before Aug then withdraw the 489 application

Cheers
It's the quality of the documents you submit, which matter : Thanks for clearing my doubt

If you are sure that you will get an invite under 190 before Aug then withdraw the 489 application : Actually I have submitted EOI under 489 only, as can claim 50 point + 10 from state.Still lack 5 point to fulfil eligibility for 190 as having only 50 points and will complete 55 points after 1st Aug. 2017
Once I receive a invitation under 489, can i withdraw the invitation? and proceed for a fresh invitation under 190?.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
It's the quality of the documents you submit, which matter : Thanks for clearing my doubt

If you are sure that you will get an invite under 190 before Aug then withdraw the 489 application : Actually I have submitted EOI under 489 only, as can claim 50 point + 10 from state. Still lack 5 point to fulfil eligibility for 190 as having only 50 points and will complete 55 points after 1st Aug. 2017
Once I receive a invitation under 489, can i withdraw the invitation? and proceed for a fresh invitation under 190?

Thanks in Advance.
No idea about 489

I am sure some other member will advise you

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea about 489

I am sure some other member will advise you

Cheers
Could You please advise : 190 or 489 ? which path should i follow.

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Could You please advise : 190 or 489 ? which path should i follow.
You will have to research on the cutoff in various rounds last year for your category

If it was 60 for most of the year, then this year also you would have a good chance of getting the invite once you lodge your 190 EOI in August and the invite soon thereafter

so please first research what was the cutoff last year in most rounds and post the findings on the forum for advise

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will have to research on the cutoff in various rounds last year for your category

If it was 60 for most of the year, then this year also you would have a good chance of getting the invite once you lodge your 190 EOI in August and the invite soon thereafter

so please first research what was the cutoff last year in most rounds and post the findings on the forum for advise

Cheers
Any particular site or way to know cutoff for 342315? I have tried to google but its not fruitful.

·
Registered
23,910 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: Victor123

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Thats a very informative sheet but it has only pro rata occupations .. Any such sheet for all occupations or where to find such sheet?
The sheet is maintained by one of the member on the forum

He had posted the link in one of the threads

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts