Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am from Kenya but currently residing in England on my FLR(M) issued out in October 2016 and I am looking to invite my big sister to visit us next year.

As such I am looking for some guidance on whether it is too early for me to start inviting my family for visits and is it possible for my husband(he is a British citizen) to use his payslips for the financial requirement support for my sister's application under a Standard Visitor Visa?

Is there any specific figure as to how much money my sister's bank account should be having by the time she applies

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is not too early. It is a visit , and as such you are allowed to have family visit you.

Your husband can use his payslips, if he is sponsoring a part of her trip. There isn't a specific amount but both your husband's bank and your sister's bank accounts need to show sufficient funds.

For example, if your husband is paying for her flights, he should have at least enough money in his account to cover flight expenses. If your sister is paying for everything else herself, then she should have approximately 30-40 pounds per day of her stay in UK in her account.

Most importantly, your sister must show her ties to her home country by way of a job to return to, financial responsibilities to fulfil in her home country such as paying rent/ mortgage and any other parts like family responsibilities etc that would require her to return.

What you need to decide between yourselves is which part of her stay is your husband paying for and which part will she pay for herself and present documents accordingly.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I would further suggest including the breakdown of anticipated costs of her stay, to show that you have adequate funds to cover everything you claim (£0 for lodging if she's staying with you, food/entertainment costs, transport, etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.