Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...

We have been refused Fiance visa twice, one on April and one on October... the second refusal is because My fiance's IELTS, he did not reach the Required score. Now However we are planning to Re-apply again with all the necessary documents.

I have had the Property inspection Report done on March provided for April's application and then we the same Property inspection report was provided for October's Application I have paid £300 for that to be done. I have recently called the Guy who made the PIR just to make sure i can still provide the same for the next time we apply which will be this December. The guy told me that the property inspection report is only valid for 3 months, and he asked me he can amend or update the PIR if i pay him £70 pounds.

I live with my mom and dad in a rented apartment with 2 bedrooms and they have given me a letter of consent for my fiance to stay on his arrival.

my concern is if i provide the same Property inspection report, the embassy might use that again as an excuse to refuse my Fiance's visa and i have spent so much already paying visa fee and all the necessary documents. :(

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Listening - 4.0
Reading - 5.5
Speaking - 4.5
Writing - 5.5

I'll have to double check it with my Boyfriend

They needed 4.5 with Listening and my fiance only got 4.0

Visa got refused because of .5 :D isn't that stupid >.<

·
Registered
585 Posts
Listening - 4.0
Reading - 5.5
Speaking - 4.5
Writing - 5.5

I'll have to double check it with my Boyfriend

They needed 4.5 with Listening and my fiance only got 4.0

Visa got refused because of .5 :D isn't that stupid >.<
ah no, I guess the requirement is there for a reason.

Perhaps your partner can take several English lessons before taking the test again?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i don't understand is my Fiance got 4.0 overall and embassy refused.

While my friends husband got 3.0 and got the visa

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone explain me this or tell me if this is right? i got this from a website:

Exams For Settlement Visa

The UK Border Agency announced on 29 November 2010 that any migrant applying to enter or remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or fiancé of a British citizen or a person settled there will need to show that they can speak and understand English.

This rule is intended to help migrants integrate into British society, to open up more opportunities, help prevent exploitation and allow them to benefit from and contribute more to their communities.

Most applicants will meet the requirement by passing an English language test and supplying a test certificate with their visa application. The minimal level required is A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (speaking and listening) which is a basic level.

Please note that from 28 October 2013 the minimum level of English for a Settlement Visa will be B1 and applicants will also be required to take the Life in the UK test. British Council Ukraine does not currently run the Life in the UK Test.

·
Registered
585 Posts
What i don't understand is my Fiance got 4.0 overall and embassy refused.

While my friends husband got 3.0 and got the visa
Well that's ridiculous, I guess in your case the only way you will get a visa is to reach the correct score.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
B1 is only required when applying for settlement (ILR), usually after being in UK for 5 years on spouse/partner visa/leave. For spouse visa, it's still A1.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, Joppa thank you for your reply... How about my question on Property Inspection Report please?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can submit old report and state there has been no change, but a safer option - remember you have had two denials - is to pay £70 and get an up-to-date report. You just don't want to give Home Office any more ammunition to refuse you again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts