Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I quit my teaching job two days ago after two months at the school for a number of reasons. I have not yet had a labour card issued so from what I can gauge from the internet the school can not put a ban on me. Is that correct?

My residency has only just begun as I will be on my husband's. I signed contract but wonder if it was worth the paper it was written on as without a labour card does the school have any hold over me? They have requested I pay them back 45 days salary am I legally obliged to do this or can they pursue me? I am currently still on a visitor visa with my residency just starting.

It wasn't an easy decision so I would appreciate some feedback regarding the ban and payment?

thank you. :(

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hi all
I quit my teaching job two days ago after two months at the school for a number of reasons. I have not yet had a labour card issued so from what I can gauge from the internet the school can not put a ban on me. Is that correct?

My residency has only just begun as I will be on my husband's. I signed contract but wonder if it was worth the paper it was written on as without a labour card does the school have any hold over me? They have requested I pay them back 45 days salary am I legally obliged to do this or can they pursue me? I am currently still on a visitor visa with my residency just starting.

It wasn't an easy decision so I would appreciate some feedback regarding the ban and payment?

thank you. :(
How would they get around that they had you working without a residence visa? That's against the law I believe. I would assume they paid you in cash?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
True. From your post it seems like they had you working on your visit visa. Did they ever start on the process of applying for your labor card ? If yes, then it would be good to know exactly when and how far along that process is/was, relative to your resignation.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Did you sign any documents at all? It could be that you have signed the document where your signature is transferred onto the labour contract and you may be on a limited contract which means you would be liable to pay them this amount. Also, if you signed an English letter of appointment that contains this clause, then, technically, you have agreed to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts