Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello,

I have a full-time job offer from Alberta, Canadian company. I wanted to know if I would be eligible to apply for Permanent residency under Alberta Immigrant Nominee programme.

If yes, what would be the process, can I apply directly for PR under this category from my home country or it can be applied for landing in Canada on a work visa. Is this state run visa have a quick process for PR?

Anyone having knowledge about it.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Three things:

1) You need to apply for Express Entry. You can apply for this from outside of Canada.

2) Canada has Provinces and not States. Australia has States and no, it is not the same thing. Canada is Canada and Australia is Australia. Please get the terminology correct, especially when you arrive in Canada to live.

3) Please do not use text speak on the forum.

Please see Rule 6

All posts on this site must be in English. Non-English language posts including abbreviations like text speak are not permitted on the forum. This includes not typing "plz" whenever you mean to say "please", "u" or "ur" for "you" or "your" etc.

This is an English only forum with many users whose first language is not English and use of text speak makes it more difficult for them to understand posts.

Good luck to you on your journey to Canada!

Reactions: colchar

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
It depends on whether or not you receive an iTA.

Check out the video in the sticky at the top of this forum... it will give you an idea as to the process and the timeframe that CIC try to stick to.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
3) Please do not use text speak on the forum.

Please see Rule 6

All posts on this site must be in English. Non-English language posts including abbreviations like text speak are not permitted on the forum. This includes not typing "plz" whenever you mean to say "please", "u" or "ur" for "you" or "your" etc.

This is an English only forum with many users whose first language is not English and use of text speak makes it more difficult for them to understand posts.

I am soooooooo tempted to post in text speak in order to bust your chops :eyebrows:

Just in one of those weird moods today!

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
I am soooooooo tempted to post in text speak in order to bust your chops :eyebrows:

Just in one of those weird moods today!
You are lucky that infractions, while cumulative, expire after 60 days...

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
It would be so worth the infraction just for the lulz :eyebrows:

You do know, of course, that I am only teasing right?
That's the only reason why I didn't infract. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.