Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and my oh are thinking about emigrating to brisbane.
We have been doing some research into it and now im not sure if we will be able to. The problem is that we dont live together.
I think i can get in on a skilled work visa and was giong to get her in as de facto
partner but from what i have read because we dont live together she wont qualify.
We have been together for 4 years now and engaged for 3 of them we also have a child together and another one on the way and she has 2 older children by her x. now the only reason we do not live together is because of the good old british system!!!!!
my question is could we still qualify

many thanks

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I think it is still possible, but you will probably have to provide much more proof about your relationship.

Please see this link (waivers section):
Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 35. One-Year Relationship Requirement

Me and my oh are thinking about emigrating to brisbane.
We have been doing some research into it and now im not sure if we will be able to. The problem is that we dont live together.
I think i can get in on a skilled work visa and was giong to get her in as de facto
partner but from what i have read because we dont live together she wont qualify.
We have been together for 4 years now and engaged for 3 of them we also have a child together and another one on the way and she has 2 older children by her x. now the only reason we do not live together is because of the good old british system!!!!!
my question is could we still qualify

many thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi
,i have friends in the same situation, they have been told by an agent it will be fine, though im unsure my self.
i know they like to see lots of proof as amaslam says,old pictures etc, so get digging!utulity bills joint named are a prob if you are not living together but i think they ask for these, i personally dont think you will have problems there, though could the father of the other children object to the move? this may prove an issue? hope everything ges well for you,
check out other older posts as you may find advise on these issues
take care
claire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts