Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members,

I have applied for Canada and my visa papers are in process. The reason I am asking is just last night I was on internet and wanting to know more about UK.

Got lof of information and read lot about life in UK and near places. I am beinging to think what if I try for Uk rather. But I did not find any way where to start..:confused:

I did see few things.. but I have no connection in UK.. None!.. So is their any way one can apply to UK like we have open visas in Canada. I did not see anything called "PR" or how one can become UK resident.

Request if anyone can guide or help in the area,, (Part I know you get job in UK and then you start applying after 2 years.. other than this any other way one can apply from outside for UK PR?

Regards

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I have applied for Canada and my visa papers are in process. The reason I am asking is just last night I was on internet and wanting to know more about UK.

Got lof of information and read lot about life in UK and near places. I am beinging to think what if I try for Uk rather. But I did not find any way where to start..:confused:

I did see few things.. but I have no connection in UK.. None!.. So is their any way one can apply to UK like we have open visas in Canada. I did not see anything called "PR" or how one can become UK resident.

Request if anyone can guide or help in the area,, (Part I know you get job in UK and then you start applying after 2 years.. other than this any other way one can apply from outside for UK PR?
Unless you have very specific connection with UK, such as being married to a British citizen, you cannot simply apply for permanent residency (called indefinite leave to enter).
First you have to apply for a visa that enables you to live and work in UK. There are five categories or tiers for this: Tier 1 for highly skilled or entrepreneur, Tier 2 for skilled, Tier 3 for temporary seasonal workers, Tier 4 for students and Tier 5 for temporary workers. Tier 1 requires very high level of qualification, skills and experience (such as Masters/PhD, high salary etc) or a lot of money to invest and Tier 2 requires sponsorship (either your job must be in shortage category or potential employer cannot find another resident applicant capable of doing the job). Other Tiers don't normally lead to settlement. If successful, you get a visa for a varying length of time. After you've lived and worked in UK for 5 years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) or permanent residency.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.