Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , I'm a new zealander currently residing in the United Arab Emirates , I am a fresh graduate and hold a french licence en droit ( bachelors of law ) . I have decided to move to France as soon as I can however I missed on this years Masters session that started in september and therefore would appreciate anyone that can give me an alternative way of moving there. I tried applying for internships as well as jobs but I understand that it is not easy for non-eu citizens. I do not want to waste more time and would like to know if there is a useful degree I could do in the meantime in france that can begin in spring and not necessarily in september so as to obtain a students visa or maybe someone has knowledge of a legal or political science related internship they could help me out with . I am also open to the option of moving to Germany.
Any help or advice in general would be highly appreciated :)

Thank you <3

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
Maybe someone here knows of something, but my impression is that most academic programs (masters, PhD etc.) tend to stick with the school year - which means you start the program in September. But check Campus France to see if there is anything there that might meet your needs. Home > CampusFrance

Are you looking for an English language program specifically? Or do you have the language skills to handle French or German language programs?

As far as "internships" go in France, they need to be a part of an academic program as you sign a three-way agreement (for visa purposes) between yourself, the "employer" and the school.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you:)

Thanks Bev for replying:) and what you said was really useful .To answer your question I am fluent in french but not german so the program does not necessarily need to be in english at all.

I will check out the link you gave me.

Thanks so much :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.