Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this group today. My husband and I have decided to move abroad due to the fact we will be receiving some extra money soon and we are looking to the future and hoping to start a better life for our 3 children and ourselves. Our children are presently in a good school here and we would like to make sure that wherever we move that they will firstly be happy and secondly be receiving an excellent education. We don't want to go too far from family that we have here so Australia, Canada is out of the question, so we are thinking of Spain, possibly Cyprus even.

Has anyone got a happy story that involves taking their children away from their schools and friends as this is what is worrying me - I want to give them a happy life and not be selfish about wanting to move as they are happy where we are, it's us the parents that want away from where we live and I don't want them to suffer in any way.

We are def decided that we are moving out of the country but we are very anxious and want to make sure we do things properly. Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Maxine x

·
Registered
737 Posts
young children adapt at the speed of light as long as their parents ignore any tears at the beginning
it's the parents that have the problems , they are more set in their ways ...especially if they are young enough to work

spain has 27% unemployment for example

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Did you move to Spain with young children yourself?
not at all , I like spain but not as a country to live in I soon discovered , which is why I live in france
but in 30 years out of the uk I have observed a lot of young children who have moved , and observed that it is usually the parents reaction to their children's initial struggles that cause the problems , much more difficult for teenagers who don't have the language , the young adapt quickly if left to adapt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts