Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have received my grant yesterday. It is subclass 489 for Queensland. I wanted some guidance on which is the best time to move to Australia. Some people told me that Jan-Feb is the best time to move in as the hiring usually happens during that time. While some told me that April is the best time to move as it would be easier to get the job during that time. Please advice on when I should be moving.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

I have received my grant yesterday. It is subclass 489 for Queensland. I wanted some guidance on which is the best time to move to Australia. Some people told me that Jan-Feb is the best time to move in as the hiring usually happens during that time. While some told me that April is the best time to move as it would be easier to get the job during that time. Please advice on when I should be moving.
Other considerations:
1) IED?
2) Kids - i.e. school terms you have to consider?

Will follow closely also interested in the experience of others

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi All,

I've also heard that April is the month when the number of recruitments are more compared to any other time across Australia, though this time is almost the closing of a financial year.....that's why I don't find any logic behind that......

Anyway, I've applied for a visa under 489 QLD......What is your occupation?.......which city you think would be better for you?.......

·
Registered
253 Posts
it's certainly more challenging over the festive period, i.e Mid december till mid Jan where a lot of staffs are on leave. anything around that is anyone's guess. it's all on you to get interviews and nail them. if you had kids etc, then yeah you have to consider that. keep in mind the whole recruitment process can take anything from 2 weeks to a month +, and you might have multiple interviews as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts